Saturday, April 26, 2008

Do Your _Own_ Thing, Why Don'tcha?

The news item begins, "In Congo..." Well, OK, I guess that's right. But hey, I grew up saying "The" Ukraine, and "The" Congo. At one time, I understand Argentina was referred to as "The Argentine". But we have to modernize. Thank goodness for The Hague.

At any rate -- in Congo, it seems that practitioners of witchcraft have been "accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises" for use in... what? It doesn't say. I doubt the transplant industry has made much of an inroad in that area. Plus, if I want to "steal or shrink" someone's penis, why bother with black magic? Won't a penknife and a pot of boiling water do?

Well, it all goes to show how much good the colonial powers did for all the time they spent in Africa. But what the article did not mention -- and what I strongly suspect -- is that the alleged acts had nothing whatsoever to do with black magic, but were just the locals' way of showing solidarity with Hillary Clinton.

No comments: