Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Reunion Time!

I'm going to be off the net for the next few days because I'm headed up to my home town for my high school class reunion -- the 45th, in fact. And doing a bit of visiting while I'm up there, and bit of touristing -- and with any luck scoring some of the fabulous Lake Erie shore fresh fruit. Heck, I might even run up to Niagara Falls... although I won't be able to go over to Canada because I understand there's a six-month waiting period for American citizens who go over there and want to come back. I just can't afford the hotel prices with our dollar in the shape it's in. So the American Falls will have to do. In any case, I will provide a full report on my return. In the meantime, do not succumb to the temptation to turn on your TV or buy a "national newsmagazine". Do something edifying instead. I suggest Pat Buchanan's new book, for starters.

See you next week !

No comments: